Sunday, August 12, 2012

Utah, Part Two...

 The canal behind my Grandparents house has always been full as long as I can remember. Ice skating on it in the winter, swimming in the summertime. Now it is to dirty, full of pesticides, dead animals, (a cow drowns if it falls in), and so on. I wont let  my kids swim in it. Although they did this year. Thanks to my mom, who said, Sure, I will watch you while you jump in the canal. She swam in it as a girl, (so did I) and I am sure she was thinking of how it was then. My Grandpa told Stuart that they shouldn't swim in the canal, so that was the end of that. Now we just walk on the bank to cross the train track bridge (to put pennies on the rails), and to walk down to the cemetery.






Its a two mile walk to the cemetery via the canal bank. A lovely walk, on a lazy Sunday afternoon. It like walking down memory lane for me, but something new for Camryn. A lot of pictures, I know, I just dont want to forget any of it.

 














 The sprinklers was the reward for the long walk. A little morbid, maybe, but it was hot...





 Mathew ~ Camryn ~ Elizabeth
 Colston ~ Zach ~ Camryn hanging onto Mathew

No comments:

Post a Comment