Friday, July 22, 2011

Utah part 4. The Great Salt Lake

We went to see the Spiral Jetty in the Salt Lake. It was quite the drive, and a little disappointing when we got there. We thought it would be bigger, and not under water. Despite that, we went down to the water to do a little exploring. The water was red, and felt salty. You could see the salt sparkle on your skin when it dried. We decided that it was worth the drive, it was beautiful to see when you were on the shore.






No one wanted to swim so we went back up to the cars. As we were about to leave Mathew decided that he was going to swim. He wanted to see if he would float. Of course Esther had to do the same, so they all got their swimming suits on and we went back down to the water.
Mathew was the first one in. He was surprised at how the water felt salty. and sure enough, he floated. Esther and Lilly soon followed.






Mathew wanted me to take a picture of the dried salt left on his skin so he could remember.


When we got back from picking up Brianna and Elizabeth from school, we went swimming. After, we stopped at the Snow Shack for shaved ice. We walked to the Tabernacle to sit in the shade and eat our treats. It was such a nice afternoon. I don't have the words to tell of the love I have for my family, I just know that my greatest joys come from my family, and I don't ever want to forget the times when were together.
(And it was so wonderful to have Brianna and Elizabeth with us!)












1 comment:

  1. Can't say I loved much about the great jetty... BUT swimming was fun :) and I love snow cones

    ReplyDelete