Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Back to school...

I have found in my simple life that there are some things that pull at the heart strings more than others. Sometimes there are no words, just mixed feelings of love, longing, maybe sadness. Sometimes I wonder, can I do this, can I make it to the end of this emotional roller coaster ride. Even though I may wonder, or even have a little doubt, I know there will be tomorrow, a new day to try again. I know this doesnt have to do with Brianna, but at the same time it feel like it does. I cant even figure it out. Its all jumbled together, connected somehow.
Stuart and I drove Brianna back to school this semester. Last time I went with my mom and Elizabeth, so I have already had to say goodbye and leave her in a new and far from home place. It was easier for me this time. Not so for Stuart. I think that seeing the campus, the town, the Temple, was helpful. Its still hard though, to see your children grow and move on. Yet at the same time wonderful, and exciting. We are proud of Brianna and her desire for an education. Her desire to be good.
In all it was a good trip. Brianna slept 10 of the 12 hours it took to get there! We went to dinner with her and Shelby & Grandpa, and Lisa, Brianna's treat, wich was nice. We took her to the store to get things she needed, got her settled. Then drove home the next day. We missed her on the way back, but it was still nice. I had a 12 hour date with my sweetheart! We even stopped for lunch. The weather couldn't have been better.


No comments:

Post a Comment