Friday, December 9, 2016

The beach in December


One evening this fall Stuart and I were reminiscing about the trips we had taken this year. The camping, hiking, sporting events, family dinners, picnics, swimming down at the river, etcetera....
We had some laughs, and were happy to have had some fun times with our family.
We thought it would be nice to have one last trip with everyone. We picked the first weekend in December to start the Christmas season together, We stayed in a beach house that we had been to before knowing there would be room for all.  ~ It was cold and windy, but the sun did shine. We had a few walks on the beach, even though they were short!









  A serious conversation about football!




 I tried to get a good picture of them, but this is what I got.
Thanks Elizabeth.






Max loved to look out the windows!







 We were all in and out of the hot tub. It was perfect weather for it!

 Mathew and Bear on their daily run. (When the sun was out)


Even though it was so windy we braved the weather and strolled down the boardwalk.








A trip to the beach is not complete without sitting in the love chair!



I was so glad Lilly went with us. They entertained themselves. like braiding hair!

 We went to Ilwaco to get some oyesters, and walk down by the boats.

The oyesters were to make Elizabeth happy. The last time we were here we did them on the fire, but she was with Taylor and they were gone by the time she got back. Lilly tried one, so I finally ate one. Stuart has been offering them for 26 years, but they looked disgusting! I couldn't let Lilly show me up. Truth be told it was good. Lemon and butter make everything good. Its the texture that makes me gag. So maybe next time I wont chew it.


Mathew stayed the whole weekend! I was so happy, After all he is my favorite son.

Stuart is always the first one up in the mornings. When we are not home I don't stay in bed long after he gets up. Max is also an early riser, so we took him to Scoopers, still in his pajamas, so it would be quiet for every one else. ~ It was such a nice weekend. I think it will be a new tradition for us. All of us together, in a beach house, the first weekend in December.....Sounds good to me!

No comments:

Post a Comment