Sunday, May 8, 2016

Mothers Day 2016

For Mothers Day this year I chose to go on a hike that we haven't done. Three Corners Rock, a pile of weathered basalt, is the site of an abandoned fire lookout. It did not look like much here, but...


 ...the 360 degree view from the top was beyond words. Mount Saint Helen's was in this view. We all sat up there for some time. (Everyone except Elizabeth who hates heights, but went up to see!)

Elizabeth, Esther, Stuart and I, Annie, and Lisa.

 I got my 45 year old body to the top (Stuarts turns 50 next month!), and plan on doing it all summer. Even though we bring up the rear, we make it just the same.

 Mount Hood in the distance.


 Grandma Connie and Esther on one of the three corners.

Mathew on another one.

Murphy and Bear did make it to the top, and were super happy to be off leash the whole way!


It was a wonderful day, with the people I love most! We missed who could not make it, but there will be another hike.

1 comment:

  1. Can we do this when I come and visit??? It looks like Heaven!

    ReplyDelete