Gladys, Esther, Mathew, Stuart
The line up. Mathew is five in on the left. (Even though he is 6' he is still a little guy!)
The high jump didn't start until 3:30! With the heat, and mostly sitting, we were tired.
Mathew took fourth with a jump of 6'2". I am proud of him even though he was not happy! He was so nervous. He had a rough year, and I am glad he placed in State.
No smile from Mathew, Esther hates it, but I got a picture of them together. We went out for dinner before the long ride home, then gas and treats. I sat in the back with Esther and Gladys (Ugh!) so Mathew and Stuart could talk. Mathew was quite upset, but after talking about college, work, careers, he said track and cross country are all over. Its moving forward now. He was in much better spirits by the time we got home. I am so thankful for Stuart, and how he helps Mathew navigate his life. I am also so glad that he is an active part in Mathews life.
No comments:
Post a Comment