Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Bento verses Tupperwear

It all started with Brianna when she played soccer all four years of high school. Then with Elizabeth, soccer, and cross country. The 'School Lunch' was either gross, or not enough. I was forever trying to think of good snacks to send, because not only did they need a lunch, but three or four snacks throughout the day and before practice. Not just that, I felt they needed to be healthy providing them with the energy they needed for school (which is something in itself) then for practice, or game/meet. Needless to say, they both survived, graduated, college, and Brianna got married.
 
Now I am on round two. Sigh. What to put in school lunches and the endless snacks. I have gone gluten free for myself, and I am more aware of what my family and I eat. No one is on board with going gluten free, but that is okay. I can still give them better meals and snacks.
With that in mind, its like a new ball game with Mathew and Esther. First off, they both wanted brown bags, everything disposable. Which led to smashed sandwiches and cookies in crumbs. This was my solution:

 



I was thinking of all the good things I could pack without worrying about the brown bag issue.  The problem is they don't eat all their lunch at lunch time. They both want to eat something all throughout the day. Esther does not want to waste precious lunch time with eating. Mathew does not want a big lunch box (embarrassing more likely) that would not fit in his backpack. This is what I ended up doing:

Good ol Tupperware. Now they can pick and choose without having to take their whole lunch to class. Nothing is smashed, they don't leak, and you can throw them in the dish washer. The green sandwich keepers are the best! I use them for a lot of different things. There isn't a lid to keep track of (or get lost at school)!

No comments:

Post a Comment