Monday, July 16, 2012

Saturday Afternoon


We have been so busy this summer that we haven't had any time to go down to the river. We used to go all the time. Three of four evenings a week ( after Stuart got home from work ). We would bring the masks to watch the fish, maybe a floaty for me to lay on so I could lay in the sun, only to be flipped over, swim to the flat rock to get warm because the rock was always warm. Sometimes a snack or two. This is where Esther taught herself how to swim, because she had to wear her life jacket she HATED until she could swim across and back without any help. For the record, Esther and Mathew had swim lessons, only Esther refused to get in the water with the instructor. So I had her sit and watch Mathew through all his lessons, and then while he did her lessons. I was hoping that she would see how much fun Mathew was having and want to join him, but she was having none of it! Sigh, I should have known.
Those were fun summer evenings.

As soon as Mathew got to the flat rock Esther followed.



No comments:

Post a Comment