Friday, March 4, 2011

What are the wild waves saying,
Sister, the whole day long,
That ever amid our playing
I hear but their low, lone song?

Yes! But there is something greater
That speaks to the heart alone:
'T is the voice of the Great Creator
Dwells in that mighty tone.

~Joseph Edwards Carpenter
We decided last minuet to go to the beach for the weekend. Gladys, Mike and Debbie were already there, for it was a clamming weekend. Even though it was cold, we had beautiful weather. (It only rained at night!) We were able to walk around town, and get some treats. We even stopped at Fort Columbia. It was a lovely weekend.




Trying to teach Brianna the rules of football....

I'm not sure what they are doing.

Mathew???



Mathew - Richard - Friend (Richards) - Brianna
Even though Brianna was first in line, Richard came in first, with Mathew a close second!



Her face is just for show. Cleaning clams, I found out, isn't that bad. They don't stink until the next day, and they are not slimy. That night we had breaded, then fried clam strips. With a little lemon, tarter sauce if you wanted, and a salad, it made a yummy supper.

2 comments:

  1. How cute, I miss out on all the fun :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. looks like a lot of fun BUT I HATE clams... so therefore... it would be disgusting to me. :o) I want to go to the beach... all of us sometime soon.

    ReplyDelete