Sunday, August 8, 2010

Family

I know it has taken me a while to get these pictures up from our trip to Utah. I have been thinking about it, knowing I can record what we did and where we went, but its the love for my family (and my sweet) that I cant find the words for. They are my pride, and my joy.

I had a hard time going through all the pictures, and picking the ones I liked the best. I want to remember everything we did. These trips are getting fewer, and soon my children will be grown.
So, I decided to use most of them. I know there are a lot. Its just that they all make me happy when I look back. I guess in a way I am doing this more for myself.

We had to pick up Brianna from school, so we thought we would make a trip of it, and go to Utah to visit my grandparents. Stuart is so good to me! We had several relaxing (quiet) days before we had to pick up Brianna, and every one else came. We bought a swimming pass and swam two or three times each day, had lazy mornings and evenings, drove around town, stopped at the snow shack for snow cones (at least once a day), didn't go over 50 mph. with the windows down, went to Logan, got squeaky cheese and ice cream, and other seemingly simple things that meant everything to me.

Walking to the cemetery on the canal. I am mentioning this to remember that it was quiet, and we talked to each other, laughed, felt the hot Utah sun, and even enjoyed the spray of canal water (yucky!) from the irrigation sprinklers. The water bottles that Stuart thought to bring were a life saver!!!



We went to Brigham and the Tabernacle was open. Mathew and Esther got to play the organ.





~

When every one got there we went to Logan canyon. We had a picnic (Barry got us all yummy subway), and yes, Esther got all the way wet. She had her swimming suit on under her clothes the whole time! We walked around the Logan Temple and went to Willow Park.





Brianna ~ Great Grandpa Meyer ~ Elizabeth







~
On Saturday morning we had a breakfast at Marble Park. Grandma Meyer wanted everyone to leave at 8:00 am.! We did manage to leave by 8:45. It was such a beautiful morning. Not to hot, but not at all cold. So nice for a change.

Grandpa Robert and Grandma Meri Meyer


Look at what Grandpa is eating....

what Brandon is eating (frosted shredded wheat cereal, and whole wheat toast) ..... and then there is Jennifer. He he, I had one to.

I don't know how they can keep doing this. I tried it a few times, but it hurt my hands, and felt like my shoulders would break.

Stuart ~ Brianna ~ Mathew ~ Elizabeth

Mathew ~ Esther ~ Jennifer ~ Brandon

Stuart kept laughing, and Brandon would go so high!




Elizabeth, Brianna, Esther, Jennifer, and Laura.
~





~

Brandon with Colston, Jennifer, and Laura.
Hot Springs.

Yes, I know my eyes are closed, but I was there, Brianna was there, and its a picture of us together.

I LOVED the hot water, Stuart, not as much.


Mathew

Esther

Brianna ~ Elizabeth

Laura, Brianna, Elizabeth, Jennifer
~



~

Last pictures before going home....

We were trying to get a group picture, and Grandpa wanted to be in front and center.


Even though I had such a delightful time, family, warm sunshine, a slower pace, this was the best part...

My Stuart and I.

2 comments:

  1. Oh geez Angela. Your going to provoke tears. I LOVE that picture of you and Stuart at the bottom. You need to blow it up and frame it. It's pictures like that which will keep you forever young. Even when your old like the kissy picture of Grandpa and Grandma Meyer, you will still be just as adorable. I'm glad I could spend so much time with you guys this summer! See you one year from today for sure, but hopefully many days inbetween :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. By the way, I got a good laugh out of your comment about you liking the hot springs and Stuart not so much. It goes well with the picture, as your bright red and look like your boiling and Stuart is just normal colored.

    ReplyDelete